Friday, October 20, 2017

The Three Cs of Swapping


There's a group of sweet gals in Colorado and Canada who swap with me here in California (hence, the three Cs)... well, I'm in California... they don't come to California (but that would be super fun!). Some of us, however, will meet up in Salt Lake City next month for Stampin' Up!'s OnStage (convention) and I'm sure we'll swap in person there. Until then, since we are all in different areas of North America, we swap by mail. It's such fun to see how different our styles are, but that each of us creates such beautiful cards.


If you don't know me personally, then you may not know about my love for the beach. It takes me back to my childhood, when I grew up not far from the Pacific Ocean. When I saw Beachy Little Christmas in Stampin' Up!'s holiday catalog, I knew I HAD to have it and HAD to use it for my swap! But creating something for a swap was a bit of a challenge. Luckily, there are only eight of us, so putting more into the card was easy - especially for this group.


Yes, I fussy-cut the palm tree and beach hut... and yes, I had to add Wink of Stella to add a bit of sparkle to the water and the hut. If I close my eyes, I can almost feel the warmth of the sun and the spray of the ocean. Almost.

Be prepared for me to CASE (Copy And Share Everything) the others' cards and post them here over the coming weeks. I may even use their designs in my classes! I tell you... they are some awesome cards! I can't wait to show you.









Big Shot
[143263]
$110.00
Glue Dots
[103683]
$5.25


No comments:

Post a Comment