Friday, January 5, 2018

My First Color Challenge!

Do you tend to gravitate to the same colors or color family when you sit down to create? Do you find some colors in your cardstock collection don't get any love? If so, then you're in good company.

Today's color challenge was inspired by the card Tracy Bish created for our Let's Get Hopping blog hop earlier in the week, and I fell in love with her color combination: Island Indigo and Lemon Lime Twist - two colors I never would have thought to pair together!

I'm throwing in a couple of neutrals for this challenge, simply because neutrals are needed. I chose Basic Gray instead of the black that Tracy used because I wanted a softer look.

I'm loving the Bubbles & Fizz Designer Series Paper that's available as a free item during Sale-a-Bration! And it's a masculine card - BONUS! The one sheet I used has bubbles and fizz on one side, and various bottles on the reverse. I did a little fussy-cutting for the bottles (if you don't know this about me... I can't resist a good fussy-cut).



If I've inspired you to create something using these colors, like Tracy inspired me, I welcome you to share your creations and post them to my Facebook page.

Happy creating!







Big Shot
[143263]
$110.00


5 comments:

  1. Beautiful color combo and great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutley Gorgeous card Diana, love the colours, and love that you changed it up. Might have to case your layout....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Tracy! And thank you for the inspiration to step out of my color comfort zone. LOL! And please... CASE away! :)

      Delete
  3. This is a great card!! Love the colors and now I need that paper 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! The paper is AWESOME! It is SO versatile... I may need a second pack. LOL!

      Delete