Monday, January 1, 2018

Starting the New Year off Right!

As I start the new year, I like to reflect on what I've accomplished in the previous year. In regards to my blog, I posted 24 times. That might not seem like much to you, but to me it's more than I've posted in previous years. It's an average of twice a month. Yes, that is an accomplishment!

It takes quite a bit of time to blog. Actually, let me clarify this... it takes me quite a bit of time to blog. I can write the content (although I tend to be a bit long-winded, if you haven't noticed, and need to spend time editing), but taking pictures, watermarking, linking, and uploading take so much time. I'm trying to streamline my process so I can blog more often. Wish me luck!


This project I've had finished for a few weeks... but I just haven't had the chance to get the pictures off my phone and upload them. Sigh. And I just realized I did not take a picture of the most important element... how I colored the vellum flower.

How to create the vellum flower - complete with adhesive:
  • Use sponge brayer to color a piece of vellum (I used a scrap leftover from a class).
  • Place colored side of vellum on sticky side of multipurpose adhesive sheet and burnish. The nice thing is by putting the color against the adhesive, it doesn't have to be completely dry, but it keeps your fingers from getting inky!
  • Use your choice of die or punch to create fun shapes that stick instantly! I used the Petals & More Thinlits coming out in the Occasions catalog January 3!

The card (on the left) was inspired by the card created at OnStage in November (on the right). As soon as I created the OnStage card, I knew I had to order the entire suite! It has to be my favorite from the Occasions catalog (only a few more days to see it!).

 
I call my card Trifecta - because it incorporates elements from three Stampin' Up! catalogs - the 2017-2018 Annual catalog, the 2017 Holiday catalog, and the 2018 Occasions catalog! Can you guess which items are from which catalog?

Thanks for stopping by today - and always. I hope you'll continue to follow my blog and see if I can post more than 24 times this year. And I hope you and your family have a happy, healthy, and prosperous 2018!





Product List
Glue Dots
[103683]
$5.25

4 comments:

  1. Great cards!! And I know your going to blog more then 24xs :) this year

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww! Thank you! And thank you for your vote of confidence! :D

      Delete
  2. I love making are Card at on stage thanks for sharing a different idea well done

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure how I missed your comment, Teresa... and thank you!! :)

      Delete