Monday, August 12, 2013

Bon Voyage...

Friday evening we drove our daughter, Kristin, to the airport for her annual trip to Scotland (she's a tenor drummer for a competition bagpipe band and they are competing in the World Pipe Band Championships next weekend - woo hoo!). Well I couldn't send her off without making her a card to mark the occasion... could I?  Of course not!


The card was made with Whisper White and Read Red Cardstock and some retired Designer Series Paper called "Sent with Love." I love this paper, but since it seems to have a specific purpose, I never used it all until now.  I cut images from one of the sheets, then stamped "Bon Voyage" in Real Red ink using Stampin' Up!'s new ABC-123 Sketch Alphabet & Numbers stamp set (item 130565).  
The "par avion" tag is accented with Real Red 1/8" Ribbon. Of course no card for Kristin would be complete without "bling" so I added Rhinestone Basic Jewels outlining the plane's trail.  I'm so pleased with how this card turned out, even though it looks so much cuter in person!  I hope you like it.

Thanks for stopping by, now go stamp! :)

signature

2 comments:

  1. How thoughtful! You're never too old for little notes from mom. Break a leg, Kristin!

    ReplyDelete