Friday, April 18, 2014

Congratulations Paper Pumpkin!

That's right! I'm congratulating Paper Pumpkin. Why? Because it got me to make a card for someone special - who did something amazing - and it was the perfect kit!

Who's that someone special? My dad! And what did he do that was so amazing? He ran and was elected to his neighborhood council! How inspirational to know (and be related to) someone who feels they can make a difference in their neighborhood, city, county, state, etc. and actually do something about it! I've never been like that, but perhaps I should start! Naw... I think I'll leave that to my dad and I'll focus on publishing consistent blog posts about stamping. But I will continue to cheer him on and this card is going in the mail today!


March's Paper Pumpkin kit included wooden words (3 of each) - "thank you" and "congrats." I colored the "congrats" with the gold Encore pad, then embossed it to set the color (I suppose I could have used the gold embossing powder). The kit also came with gold envelope liners, which I used to cut the banner and stars. I love the card in person - and I hope my dad does, too!

Paper Pumpkin had a bad reputation in the beginning, but like any of its other loyal subjects, I kept up my subscription... and I'm glad I did! Stampin' Up! has listened to subscriber feedback and the kits are so much better! If you haven't tried Paper Pumpkin yet, you really need to!  I'm waiting for April's kit (I ordered 3), and will post pictures (I swear)!

Do you want to order your own Paper Pumpkin subscription? If so, please visit mypaperpumpkin.com. If you sign up as a new user in April and designate me as your demonstrator, I will put your name in a drawing for a Paper Pumpkin kit from February!

Have a great day - now go stamp! :)
signature

No comments:

Post a Comment