Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Another Stamp Club Creation

We always create two items at stamp club (usually cards... sometimes 3-D or gift items)... one is generally quick and easy (Monday's post) and the other is a bit more involved. Just so you know, when I say involved, I don't mean complicated... just more layers and embellishments and a bit more time.

I teased the following picture on my Facebook page last week and I have to admit, at the time, I had no idea which direction the card would take me.


It's kind of fun building from the bottom up instead of the top down. I knew the stamp set, punch, and ribbon I wanted to use, but until I started laying things down, that's when the creativity kicked in.

I love this set! I'm not really a "flowery" kind of girl, but it seems the more I use these gorgeous sets from Stampin' Up!, the more I conform... I mean, they kind of grow on me (no pun intended). LOL!


Originally I wanted to use Crushed Curry for the bottom layer of the petals (top layer is Cajun Craze), but it wouldn't have made it through a class without being reinked... and I couldn't find my reinker (I ordered another one - added it to the stamp club order - good way to increase Annette's Stampin' Rewards) so I opted for Daffodil Delight (I had that refill).


Can you tell that I LOVE layers??? And texture. And dimension. Just a few tips for that dimension... first, I used foam adhesive strips behind the stitched frame; second, I creased the center of the leaves and put rolled-up glue dots behind each and adhered them to the frame; third, I popped up the flower with three dimensionals (stacked on top of each other). Yes... there are LOTS of dimensionals on this card. Did I mention I love dimension???

And the final card... what do you think? I think it's so much prettier in person.


As always, thank you for stopping by. Don't forget to sign up for notifications so you don't miss any posts... I'm blogging more these days and I have so many more projects to share!

 photo Sig-Diana_zpsxcdy1b1q.png


Big Shot
[143263]
$110.00
Glue Dots
[103683]
$5.25

No comments:

Post a Comment