Friday, May 11, 2018

Beyond My Comfort Zone


Have you ever done something to take you out of your comfort zone? I did, last month, in Las Vegas. No - not that! I presented at Stampin' Up!'s OnStage Local, which is a conference or mini-convention of sorts for Stampin' Up! demonstrators.

If you don't know me well, then you don't know that I have extreme anxiety. I'm also shy. And an introvert. That's kinda like the trifecta of being uncomfortable. But, I overcame my fears (with the help and encouragement from friends and family), I stepped out of my comfort zone and walked out on stage!


Of course, I was up last... not good for my anxiety, which worsened the closer it got to my call time. And it didn't help that my feet were killing me (thanks, new shoes). In fact, I asked Trevor, the stage manager, if I could take my shoes off and carry them on stage with me. "I'm not going say you can't..." I love that guy! He made me feel so much more comfortable - especially when he offered to carry the garbage can on stage just in case I needed to use it (yes, I teased about that during rehearsals and right before going on). I think everyone thought I was joking when I walked out and said, "Hi! I'm Diana Tillery and I'm a mess!" Seriously... I was.

I had three big fears going into my presentation... tripping and falling (both kinda go together), forgetting everything I was supposed to say (I had a script, but couldn't use it), and cussing (yes, I have no filter at times). Well, I'm happy to report that I didn't fall and although I forgot my actual script I was able to remember enough and improvise, hitting on all the important points of this amazing suite. Oh, and the last part about cussing? I did... backstage when it was over. I'm so grateful my mic was off (something I didn't think about until a friend said thank goodness it wasn't on when I told her what I did LOL)!!

I presented the Delightfully Detailed Suite, which will be available in the new 2018-2019 Stampin' Up! catalog June 1 (or you can get your hands on this suite early if you join my team by May 31 - shameless plug, I know).


I'll be posting samples tomorrow, but I thought I'd leave you with one - just to tempt you to come back (full transparency!). I think the Delightfully Detailed Laser-Cut Specialty Paper is my all-time favorite item since becoming a demonstrator. I'm so grateful this product suite was chosen for me... and I'm even more grateful to have been chosen as a presenter. So incredibly grateful.

Make it an amazing day, and step out of your comfort zone.

No comments:

Post a Comment