Friday, January 17, 2014

Leadership Swaps

One of the best things about a Stampin' Up! event is the swapping! What's swapping? It's taking a card you made and "swapping" it for a card someone else made. Some demonstrators make hundreds of cards, but with my limited time I only created 60. Most of the cards were for organized swaps (the hostess sets specific parameters for card design), but a few were made for general swapping (where we run around and find others to swap with). It's a blast and it's amazing to see such talent!

Here are two of the cards I made for my general swapping. It usually takes me a while to come up with designs, but these cards were actually designed quickly using only a few items taken to Houston (I couldn't take my entire stamp room, could I?). Yes, these cards were made in my hotel room! It's actually the first time I took stamping supplies to an event and actually used them! I feel so accomplished!



Want to recreate these cards? It's super simple if you use these items:

Cardstock: So Saffron, Calypso Coral, Pool Party, Very Vanilla
Ink: Calypso Coral, Pool Party
Stamp Sets: Petite Petals
Accessories: Petite Petals Punch, Extra Large Oval Punch, Basic Jewels Pearls, Retro Fresh This and That Designer Washi Tape, Arrows Textured Impressions Embossing Folder

Thank you for stopping by! Feel free to leave me a comment! :)
signature

1 comment:

  1. Day 4!!! I'm so proud of you! I hope you keep it up! Woot woot!

    ReplyDelete