Thursday, August 17, 2017

A Little Challenging

My friend (and fellow demonstrator) Jennifer and I have challenged each other to create three different cards using one stamp set. Of course this challenge is with a deadline (I don't do well working with deadlines because something always comes up... so this really is a challenge) and each of us will blog our creations (and I just might share hers, too!).

I decided to start with the Oh So Eclectic stamp set from Stampin' Up!'s 2017-2018 catalog. I'm so glad this set was on Jennifer's list of options because I just received it. I love how bright and cheery everything from the Naturally Eclectic Suite is... even though I'm not necessarily a "floral" person. I did, however, have a hard time getting started on this card so I turned to the catalog for inspiration.


I chose a different color scheme, because although I was using the catalog for inspiration, I wanted the card to be my own. I guess you could say I used the catalog as a "sketch" of sorts.



I really feel a sense of accomplishment with this card. My designs are usually quick and easy, and not so embellished, so to create a card with so many elements and textures is huge!


I would love to read what you think about this card. Feel free to leave a message below, or perhaps share a card of your own using this set.

signature

No comments:

Post a Comment