Monday, August 21, 2017

Another Catalog CASE

There's no shame in CASEing (CASE - Copy and Share Everything) a card that inspires you... in fact, it's encouraged! Most of us crafters get much of our inspiration from Pinterest, but have you ever looked at the Stampin' Up! catalog for ideas? In fact, the catalog used to be called an idea book and catalog. There are so many wonderful cards, packaging, and home decor items pictured - but I, like many others, focus on the product and overlook the photos.


Isn't that gift box gorgeous? I would LOVE to be able to create packaging like that, but I barely have time to send out cards on time, let alone shop for presents. It's okay, my friends accept me as I am... they understand and are often in the same boat.

One of my closest friends had a birthday earlier in the month, and although I wished her a heartfelt happy birthday on the actual day, I wanted to create a card that was just for her (I find it difficult to send out cards that were created for card classes... weird, I know). So I sat down, pulled out my catalog, and flipped the pages until I landed on the one above.

I have fun posting on Facebook teasers of the cards I create... most of the time the pictures are of my mess, um, I mean creative process. This time it was the back of one of the card elements. There were many thoughts on how many Dimensionals should be used on a card/element when I asked the question on my Facebook page... but the overwhelming response (or so I think) is that one could never have too many Dimensionals! What do you think?


And here is the finished card! This picture doesn't do all of the foil and bling justice... it's so much more sparkly in person! My dear friend loved it - especially when I told her I created it just for her. She is worth it, after all.


Now go pick up your Stampin' Up! catalog and find a project that inspires you... and start creating!

signature

No comments:

Post a Comment