Monday, January 15, 2018

2018 Occasions Catalog Kre8tors Blog Hop!

In case you hadn't noticed, I love participating in blog hops! Why? Why not! Seriously... the reason is it brings together a talented group of Stampin' Up! demonstrators and gives you, the hopper (reader), so much inspiration in one place (so to speak).

You've just hopped over from the talented Amy Grendel. I know what you're thinking... I need to CASE that! Me, too.

The first stamp set shown in the Occasions catalog is Birthday Wishes for You and as soon as I saw it demonstrated at OnStage in November, I knew then I had to order it... mostly because it's a great set if you like to fussy-cut... like I do! And this little element screams Stampin' Blends!


I have to admit, it would have been MUCH easier if I had colored first, then cut. And I probably should have used the basic gray Stampin' Write marker instead of the Basic Gray Stampin' Blends for the "shadow" around the edges, as the Blends kinda spread into the other colors. I don't mind it so much - and I wasn't about to stamp, color, then cut another one. This cut-out took forever! LOL!


Check out that bow! Doesn't it look 3-D? It's not! I cut it out from one of the pieces of the Picture Perfect Party Designer Series Paper. Don't believe me? Look!


And here it is... the finished product - er, I mean card. Isn't it fun???


Oh, and the confetti on the With many wishes just for you tag was made by dotting the Stampin' Blends. Festive, don't you think?

I'm so happy you hopped along! If you happened to start here or somewhere in the middle, use the next button, or follow the list below. You definitely do not want to miss Melissa's post!






2018 Kre8tors Blog Hoppers!

Diana Tillery <-- You are here!







32 comments:

  1. Wow excellent fussy cutting! Love it! And your bow - so true looks 3D - love these papers and the stamp set - will have to start playing with it soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Amy! I can't wait to see what you create with it! :)

      Delete
  2. I really like the way the Basic Gray blends sort of bleeds into the other colours - it gives a really nice shadow effect - and hats off to you for fussy cutting....(one of my non favourite things to do) what a fab card!! Great work Diana xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Leisa! I think the "shadow" is growing on me. LOL!

      Delete
  3. Cute card, love how colorful it is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my confetti! Your card is so fun, bright, and cheery! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Nichole!! I do love that confetti! :)

      Delete
  5. Your card is so bright and fun, I just love it! And your attention to detail is amazing. I love how you used the Blends to put confetti on the small sentiment banner. Too cute! Thank you so much for sharing this with us today! 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Melissa! I'm addicted to the Stampin' Blends! LOL! Thank you for organizing such a fun hop!! Can't wait for February's. :)

      Delete
  6. Beautiful card!! Can't believe that bow isn't 3-D!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cheryl! It's such a fun illusion, isn't it? :)

      Delete
  7. Fabulous Card, Diana! You're making me want one set I thought I could resist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Su! That's the problem with these hops... we all want the sets each other creates with. LOL!

      Delete
  8. Love how colourful card this card! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. One of the first things I noticed was the confetti you created on the tag - super sweet tie in! Fun card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's fun to attend to the details... I appreciate you noticing it. :)

      Delete
  10. Wow that is one fun card! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gosh Diana - this is superb. I love the colouring on the sentiment and the whole thing is so bright and cheerful! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMGosh Jackie - thank you!! I'm so glad you like it!! :D

      Delete
  12. I love how fun your card is! It really does say HAPPY Birthday and your colouring is perfect

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Kirsteen! I'm glad you feel it's a HAPPY card... that's exactly what I was going for. :)

      Delete