Friday, January 12, 2018

A Color Challenge 30 Years in the Making


If you haven't heard, this year is the 30th anniversary of Stampin' Up!, so it makes sense the company is updating their look. Last week, Sara Douglass - CEO of Stampin' Up! - did a Facebook Live video explaining the logo refresh process, what's different, and what or why certain elements will remain unchanged.

During the video, Sara mentioned the two colors the design team settled on, but they weren't necessarily her favorites: Night of Navy and Calypso Coral. I have to admit, this combination isn't my favorite either. However... I've always loved Night of Navy (usually paired it with white and silver for holiday cards) but Calypso Coral never received much love from me. So this truly is a color challenge!
I immediately knew which elements I wanted to use on the card (thank you Sale-a-Bration!) - and that I wanted it to be simple... simply because the Heartfelt Blooms stamp set provides that WOW factor! It's hard to believe such a flat stamp could create such dimension... you'll have to see - and use - it to believe it.


The Stamparatus (available to everyone when the 2018-2019 annual catalog comes out) was used to create multiples of this card... although I decided to change the orientation and make another entirely different card (I probably should have changed the position of the stamp, as I think it's a bit high).


A little tip for the top card... put adhesive (I used Fast Fuse) on the back of the Calypso Coral ribbon, then adhere it to the Night of Navy crinkled seam binding ribbon. Then, cut a smaller piece of both for the top layer. Finish it off by wrapping Calypso Coral around both ribbon layers. And yes... that last piece has a backing of adhesive so it stays in place. ;)


So quick and easy. One stamp, one ink, a few pieces of cardstock, ribbon, and adhesive. Don't have ribbon? The card would still look amazing! Why don't you give it a try?








Glue Dots
[103683]
$5.25

2 comments:

  1. This is a great card and I LOVE the color combo!! Great job and inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jennifer! I'd love to see how this color combination has inspired you! :)

      Delete