Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Let's Get Hopping into the New Year and Celebrate!

There are so many things to celebrate in 2018, so it seems fitting we kick off the year hopping with a celebration theme!

I wasn't able to send out Christmas cards (again), so I thought I would start 2018 right and send New Year cards! The inspiration came from a dear friend and fellow demonstrator, Kathy Howes, who sent me a new year's card last year... and the card has been shelf ever since. I knew the moment it arrived that I needed to follow her lead and CASE  her card for this year. Yes, I've been thinking about that for an entire year... how's that for planning ahead?


What better way to create a celebration card than using Sale-a-Bration products? What's Sale-a-Bration, you ask? It's three months out of the year where Stampin' Up! gives a FREE item for every $50 (or new to this year $100) order! How amazing is that?? The Designer Series Paper below is called Bubbles & Fizz and coordinates with the Bubble Over bundle in the Occasions catalog. Fun, huh?

But wait... there's more! That little "celebrate" element is from the Celebrate You Thinlits Dies set and is also a Sale-a-Bration gift! That's right! But it gets even better (I feel like a commercial for ginsu knives) - the die set coordinates with another gift - the Amazing You stamp set. I'll be using this set soon, so be sure to check back!





A little tip... cut the numbers out of the layer of Whisper White cardstock that goes behind the piece of Bubble & Fizz Designer Series Paper - you won't see it, so why waste another piece of cardstock?

And voila! Very similar to Kathy's card above, but updated with new product for a new year! I can't decide which version I like best... what about you?



Thank you for hopping by - and enduring this super-long post!  Now hop on over to see what Tracy Bish has waiting for us!





Big Shot
[143263]
$110.00

14 comments:

  1. What a great idea to send New Years cards Diana. And I love the tip for cutting out the numbers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tan! I never would have thought of sending them if it weren't for my friend sending one to me. So fun!

      Delete
  2. I might have to just keep this image until 2019 for inspiration!! fab card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you, Eimear! I can't wait to see what you come up with for 2019! It's the perpetual sketch. LOL!

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous CASE! I love seeing those new dies in action. It's such a great idea to send out New Years cards. Then if they arrive late it doesn't matter as it's 2018 all year long. Thank you so much for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Jennifer! You're so right... I can even send them in February! :)

      Delete
  4. Great card and loved how you revamped an older card. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great case on the card you received, silver and bermuda bay go together so well...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tracy! I feel like I've been on a Bermuda Bay kick lately. LOL!

      Delete
  6. Great Case. Its always fun to revamp and your done it well done

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Teresa! Kathy's card was a fun one to CASE.

      Delete
  7. You are rocken this blogger thing and the projects and pics are awesome Sauce!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SO much, Jennifer!! That means so much to me!

      Delete