Sunday, January 21, 2018

Color Inspiration and My First Video!

It's been a crazy week, and I didn't have a chance to finish this post in time to publish it Friday. So here it is, Sunday morning... still the week in my mind (end of the week, right?).

A few days ago Sara Douglass, CEO of Stampin' Up!, jumped on Facebook Live and showed some simple cards she created using the Tutti Frutti Designer Series Paper. I was so inspired, I decided to create some of my own cards using this paper pack. I was even more inspired to actually record my first video (EEK!!!). Wow! What a daunting task. LOL!

I've used the Tutti-Frutti Designer Series Paper before but thought it would be fun to choose colors that coordinated with the paper for this week's color challenge. There are some fun colors to choose from, but I wanted this card to scream BRIGHT and CHEERY! It is coming upon Spring, after all.

Since this is a challenge, I thought I would use a color I usually only use around the holidays - Real Red. Perfect - the card base was picked! I picked up my stack of Tutti-Frutti paper and found a leftover piece of the Daffodil Delight and Whisper White striped piece. Another piece of the puzzle falling into place! Embellishments... hmmm... OOH! I haven't used the Tutti-Frutti Self-Adhesive Sequins yet... YES!

This challenge was quite easy because all of the elements just seemed to fall into place. It's almost scary how quickly the card came together, but I guess that's the point of making a quick and easy card, right? Want proof of how easy it is? Check out my video!


You don't know how SCARY that was! I know I have much work to do if I'm going to do future videos, but I feel so much better having one under my belt. And it only took 32 takes, can you believe it? (I'm seriously laughing at/to myself right now.)

This card was so quick and easy that I decided to have my stamp club ladies make it as one of the club projects (I always include one Q&E card, and one stepped-up card or 3D item). They were also able to try out the Stamparatus (if any of my stamp club ladies are reading this... perhaps you'd like to comment below on what you think of the Stamparatus?). I wish I had taken pictures of their cards because each chose different combinations of the Tutti-Frutti paper.

Thanks for stopping by today, and for checking out my video! I'd love to read any feedback you have... even if it's a suggestion on what to include in my next video - or what not to do (please be kind LOL).

Have a happy Sunday!









No comments:

Post a Comment